Surgical training models have become an essential component in surgical education.
Among these models, the Miya Model has gained widespread popularity for its anatomical accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and versatility. In order to effectively use the Miya Model, proper training and guidance is highly recommended.
In this blog, we provide helpful tips and suggestions for using the Miya Model to achieve optimal surgical training.
General Tips and Tricks
The Miya Model is a surgical training model known for its anatomical accuracy and features engineered to teach proper surgical technique.
Using the Miya Model effectively may require some effort and practice. In this section, we’ll share some general tips and tricks for using the Miya Model to make the most of its features and improve surgical training.
- Use lubricant to simulate the “real tissue feel” and enhance the learning experience
- Clamp the model to the table to stabilize it and prevent any unnecessary movement
- Remove the vulva before certain procedures for improved visibility of subtle details that may be hard to see otherwise
- Store extra parts and instruments in the Miya Model Protective Case
- Avoid using wrenches or power tools to overtighten screws– this can damage the model
- Pivot and place the model in Trendelenburg and Reverse Trendelenburg to simulate various surgical positions
- Use additional lighting such as headlamps, surgical lights, lighted retractors, or attachable lights to provide a better view of the surgical field and enhance the overall learning experience.
Reusing Certain Parts for Different Procedures
The Miya Model offers a unique advantage in its ability to reuse certain parts, making it an incredibly cost-effective and efficient tool for medical training.
With this feature, vaginas from vaginal hysterectomies can be saved and repurposed for other procedures such as sling procedures, anterior and posterior repair, and even for small uterus operations.
The Miya Model’s reusability extends beyond just the vagina. After a vaginal hysterectomy, the body of the small uterus can be cut into pieces and used as fibroids inside the large uterus for operative hysteroscopy. Such reuse of parts allows for maximum efficiency in training, which is particularly beneficial in a medical setting where time is of the essence.
With its innovative design and reuse capabilities, the Miya Model presents a game-changing tool for medical training that is both cost-effective and time-efficient.
Miyazaki Enterprises – The Miya Model
As always, proper training is recommended when working with the Miya Model. In the FREE Miya Model app, you can find training material, videos, and assessments.
Thinking of purchasing a Miya Model for yourself or practice? Contact us today!