The Miya Model – Optimizing Vaginal Surgical Training
The Miya Model fills the experience gap in pelvic surgery practice, helping OBGYN students master common in-office procedures and surgical techniques, including:
- Dilation and curettage
- Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy
- Diagnostic cystoscopy
- Vaginal hysterectomy
- Anterior and posterior colporrhaphy
- And uterosacral ligament and sacrospinous ligament suspension
How OBGYNs Benefit From the Miya Model
There are several unique benefits Obstetrics and Gynecology can draw from the Miya Model.
- Improved novice training – OBGYN residents have needed more effective tools for surgical training for a while. The Miya Model has proven time and again to enhance students’ surgical skills and performance.
- Better review & mastery – Surgical students are not the only ones who can use the Miya Model. Even experienced OBGYNs see positive results from Miya Model training and review.
- More realistic surgical experience – The Miya Model offers a life-like quality, tactile feel, and meticulous anatomical placement that other training tools simply can’t provide.
- Greater cost efficiency – Not only is the Miya Model inexpensive, but it also offers the reproducibility and repeatability to ensure institutional funds aren’t wasted.
- Safer surgical practice – By practicing procedures on the Miya Model, surgeons avoid patient risks and liability concerns.
- Easier skills assessments – With the Miya Model, it is easier than ever to assess and monitor surgical performance, identify shortcomings, and test large groups of surgeons.
Widespread Industry Support For the Miya Model
To produce and perfect the Miya Model, our team received three NIH grants from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD).
In late 2020, Obstetrics and Gynecology published a study confirming the validity of the Miya Model for vaginal surgical training. The study concluded that surgeons with more Miya Model training performed better than those who did not use the simulation model.
Now, the Miya Model is the simulation tool of choice for many medical institutions across the globe, including the American Congress for Obstetricians & Gynecologists (ACOG), the Society of Gynecologic Surgeons (SGS), the International Urogynecology Association (IUGA), the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL), and more!
Miyazaki Enterprises – The Miya Model
Miyazaki Enterprises is dedicated to improving surgical training standards across the global OBGYN industry. A safe, high-fidelity simulation training model, the Miya Model provides a much needed alternative to outdated OBGYN training practices.
Want to order the Miya Model for your institution? Contact us today!
Download the FREE Miya Model app for quality training materials, videos, and assessments.